Wednesday, January 16, 2013

For readers new to Ghost

              When I set out to write this book I had no idea what it would turn into I only had a vague idea about what I wanted to say. I have been a fan of apocalyptic writings for some time and I knew I wanted to write a story that involved angels. As I wrote the first three pages I realized that I didn't want to write that story, about God and his angels. I couldn't write another story about God and the devil without saying the same thing that people have been saying for millenia. I decided to write something more original, something that hadn't been seen before and I draw upon many different sources to arrive where I did for Ghost.
              I drew on the idea of reincarnation to give me a basis on which to start and from there the idea evolved naturally that people who can break that cycle can become angels. Now if you didn't understand what I was trying to say in the book, the idea is that they are beings of energy that come back to our world. Since the first angels to cross over where people from ancient times, they thought they needed wings to fly here. They can of course change their shape to suit their needs but that is the premise for why angels are always depicted with wings. Their families are charged with doing good or evil in the world and causing others to give off positive or negative energy for the angels to feed on.
             The Tauri Clan, Max's family, is a very old family though not the oldest known. They have been around for centuries and had the foresight to gather wealth to help them in their quest to bring happiness to people of the world. The clan is comprised of people who are family, sometimes very distant, and people who are asked to join because they are willing to fight for the cause.
              In this book we follow Max as he takes his place among the ranks of the lowest foot soldiers of the clan, the Ghosts. They are named Ghosts because they are the front line soldiers, most likely to not come home. They usually don't have family or any descendants to leave behind and so their names are etched into the Tauri Stone, more on that later, and they become Ghosts to rejoin the cycle of reincarnation.
              I hope this clears things up or helps you to get a better idea of what the book is about, feel free to leave questions or comments on the blog. Good hunting and Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment